At Calvary, we live into our calling to love God and our neighbors in many ways.
*The first is through worship. Calvary has two Sunday services: a traditional service at 8:00AM and a more contemporary service at 10:30 AM. Our later service also includes Children’s Chapel, which is an opportunity for children from 4 years old through 5th grade to take part in a short worship service of their own, before returning to the main service for Communion. In addition to our Sunday offerings, Calvary has a Tuesday morning service of Holy Communion that has a faithful following of its own.
* We believe that we grow in our love and knowledge of God through Christian formation, and offer regular opportunities for kids, youth and adults to learn more about Jesus Christ through Bible study and other educational opportunities.
* Calvary is at its best when we are at work in our community. We are well known in the Richmond-Rosenberg area as a good neighbor with a big heart. Calvary is involved in many local outreach ministries, and we often collaborate with other established social organizations, churches and schools in Fort Bend County. This is a wonderful way to engage and get to know a group of members while also doing God’s work.
* Calvary Church established Calvary Episcopal Preparatory more than sixty years ago, and it has grown into a well-respected school for students from pre-K3 to Grade 12. If you are looking for small class sizes, strong academics and Christian values, Calvary might be the perfect place for your child.
Fellowship Christian Academy (FCA) provides a place for children to grow and to learn while surrounded by God’s love. The early years of a child’s life are the years that shape their future; therefore, the curriculum is carefully selected and developed to enrich the spiritual, intellectual, emotional, and social development in each child.
Since 1976, FCA has provided a safe and loving environment where children are encouraged to develop spiritually as they grow cognitively, socially and physically. Many of our teachers have over 25 years of teaching experience. Age appropriate environments and classes are offered beginning at the age of 18 months and grow children through 12th grade. FCA offers small classes with low student to teacher ratios, giving children the chance and room to blossom in their own unique way.
Thank you for considering our school for your child. Please, feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
Calvin Nelms Charter Schools is a public charter school in Katy, TX serving middle and high school students. We offer a free, quality, public education with small class sizes and a private school feel.
Our mission is to provide students with a safe and secure learning environment to gain meaningful, and personalized learning opportunities for all students to reach their full potential as productive members of the community.
The philosophical foundations of Calvin Nelms Charter School include, but are not limited to the following beliefs:
• All students have potential and purpose.
• All students can learn and achieve high academic standards.
• Counseling, mentoring, tutoring, and individualized education plans are essential to students’ successes.
• Service projects for the surrounding community contribute to the social development of the students and prepares them for roles as community leaders.
• It is crucial to have family and community involved in the students’ academic program.
Elim is a place of refreshment and rest. A place where learning differences are celebrated and academic challenges are embraced in a hope-filled environment. We recognize that each child is a unique creation of God called to excel in accordance with the gifts and abilities He has given them.
Have you been searching for a place where your child can be and feel successful and accepted? Elim Christian School might be the oasis you are looking for.
Our mission is to provide a biblically based, Christ-centered education for students of all academic abilities, developing their full potential and inspiring them to live for the glory of God. Our vision is to instruct children and young people with the mind of Christ, regardless of academic abilities and financial resources. Give us a call today for more information!
Since 1982, Katy’s oldest private school, Faith West Academy, has continued to uphold core values of
• Reverence for God
• Respect for ourselves, others, and authority
• Responsibility for one’s action.
Located on 42 acres east of downtown Katy, FWA provides individualized learning to achieve academic excellence in a safe, Christian environment for preschool (starting at age 2) through 12th grade.
Faith West is committed to Excellence Without Compromise as they educate 21st century learners, preparing them academically for college and careers that may not exist yet, as well as preparing them spiritually for the real-world challenges they will face. Teachers and staff work to accomplish these goals through individualized instruction that meets the needs of each learner and allows students to grow in their God-given abilities. “We take pride in the academic achievements of our students, the skills of our teachers, and the involvement of our parents to help students achieve God’s purpose for their lives” says Principal Mary Strickland.
Preschool through 12th grade boast a strong academic curriculum. A Gifted and Talented program is available for first through fifth grades, and grades 6-12 offer Pre-AP and Advanced Placement courses in every subject area, including Spanish and studio art. The school operates on the principles of the Christian faith and incorporates these principles in all curriculum and school operations. The Academy is accredited by the International Christian Accrediting Association and by AdvanceED, organizations both approved and recognized by the state of Texas.
From academics to athletics, missions to music, chapel to clubs, students are encouraged to express their uniqueness. Faith West boasts a competitive athletic program for junior high and high school students and a award-winning theater, band, and FFA programs. Our high school students compete through Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS).