• 7 lbs. bone in ham you can go larger or smaller, just adjust the cook time accordingly
• 1/3 cup BBQ rub
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 1/4 cup maple syrup
• 2 1/4 cups apple cider divided use
• fresh herbs and fruit for garnish
• cooking spray
- Preheat a smoker to 250 degrees F. Load the smoker with cherry wood chips.
- Coat a disposable aluminum pan with cooking spray. Place the ham cut side down in the pan.
- Sprinkle the spice rub all over the exterior of the ham.
- Place the pan in the smoker and cook for one hour.
- Continue to cook the ham for another 2-3 hours, basting every 30-45 minutes with the 2 cups of apple cider.
- The ham is done when a thermometer (inserted into the thickest part of the ham) reads 140 degrees F.
- While the ham is smoking, make the glaze.
- Place the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup and remaining 1/4 cup of apple cider in a pan over medium heat.
- Bring the pan to a simmer. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until glaze has just thickened.
- Brush the glaze all over the ham. Transfer the ham to a platter. Garnish the ham with herbs and fruit if desired, then serve.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 4 hours | Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes | Servings: 10 | Calories: 448kcal